The Advisory Board of Penn State Brandywine is established by action of the University Board of Trustees to assist the administration in fulfilling the campus' mission and mandates, as described in its Strategic Plan.
The Advisory Board functions primarily, but not exclusively, as an external arm of the campus and as a liaison with the community as a whole and with individual components of the community, such as governmental and legal entities, business and industry, social agencies, secondary education, labor, and professional organizations and associations. The Advisory Board works to position Penn State Brandywine as the leading major University in the county and surrounding area.
The Board advises and assists the campus administration in:
- managing the educational process in a cost-effective manner
- being responsive to the social and educational needs of the community
- staying abreast of societal and business-climate changes and adjusting priorities to meet changing needs
- providing knowledge transfer to business and industry
- identifying sources of public and private financial support to enhance the physical plant and academic programs
- providing services consistent with student need
- being responsive to a diverse clientele
- identifying and enjoining talented and dedicated individuals for Board membership and leadership