Communications with our key stakeholders — both on campus and in our community — is important in creating a positive image of our campus. Strategic Communications is available to assist faculty, staff and students in generating publicity for your office, department, club or organization, and event. Official news releases should be sent only through, or with the approval of, the Strategic Communications Office and all publicity should be coordinated through our office.
For the News Media
The Strategic Communications Office offers assistance to print, broadcast and online media. We can connect reporters with faculty experts, assist news crews with on-campus photography/videography, or help members of the media locate archived photos, news stories and press releases.
Guidelines for on-campus news reporting:
- Contact the Strategic Communications Office before coming to campus so we can assist you in your endeavors;
- Permission is required in advance from the Strategic Communications Office in order to enter classrooms, libraries, laboratories or similar facilities;
- Residence halls are not open to news media;
- News media require permission in advance from the Strategic Communications Office to photograph, videotape or broadcast live from campus. Permission for exterior shots is generally granted as long as it does not interfere with University operations;
- All commercial non-news photography or videotaping must be approved in advance by the Strategic Communications Office.