Enhancing the Student Experience
Each semester, all registered students at Penn State Brandywine are required to pay a Student Initiated Fee (SIF), sometimes known as a student activity fee. The purpose of the SIF is to provide funds to improve the co-curricular environment for students.
The primary goals for the SIF include:
- Enhancing the "collegiate" environment by improving the co-curricular opportunities and activities
- Improving student activities designated to increase student satisfaction and retention
- Assisting in providing specialized services and programs for diverse populations on a student needs basis.
- Enriching the campus environment and encouraging the involvement of students, thereby promoting academic achievement and the development of student potential.
The use of SIF money is determined by the Penn State Brandywine Campus Allocation Committee (CAC)/Commonwealth Facilities Allocation Committee (CFAC). This committee holds the responsibility of creating the annual spending plan and allocating all student initiated fee monies collected in a manner consistent with the purposes and process of this fee. The committee meets regularly throughout the fall, spring, and summer semesters to review spending proposals from other students and student organizations. The committee manages over $100,000 each year. To submit a funding request, please sign-in and complete the Student Initiated Fee (SIF) Funding Request application.
The CAC/CFAC is comprised of seven (7) students representative of the campus student population, one of whom is the Student Government Association (SGA) President; two staff members, one of whom is the Director of Student Affairs, and one faculty member. Nominations for student representatives are sought at the start of each academic year.
Examples of items that have used SIF funds on campus are:
- campus cultural activities such as Multicultural Day, Chinese New Year, Hanukkah Luncheon
- support for club sports including Ice Hockey, Martial Arts, Cheerleading, and Volleyball
- the replacement of equipment and renovation of the Fitness Center
- travel support for student clubs such as the Lion Ambassadors and Black Student League to attend conferences
- campus events and programs such as the Welcome Back Picnic, Eagles Pep Rally, and Fireside Music Series
|Meeting Dates||Proposal Submission Deadline|
|Tuesday, February 8, 3:15-4:15 p.m.||Thursday, February 3, noon|
|Tuesday, March 15, 3:15-4:15 p.m.||Thursday, March 10, noon|
|Tuesday, April 12, 3:15-4:15 p.m.||Thursday, April 7, noon|
During the Spring 2022 Semester, SIF Meetings will be held in 202 SUB.