Step 1: Application Process and Deadlines
Penn State has rolling admissions, which means there is no deadline for applying. However, the evaluation of transfer applications does lengthen the review period, so transfer students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- If you plan to begin in the summer or fall semester you should apply by December 31.
- If you plan to begin in the spring semester you should apply by October 15.
All transfer applications are reviewed by the University Admissions Office at University Park regardless of campus choice.
Step 2: The Application
We recommend future Penn State students apply for admission online. To do so, you must create a MyPennState account. MyPennState is your one-stop shop for customizing your Penn State admissions experience. Your personal
MyPennState account will allow you apply online, print a paper application, receive customized messages, and check the status of your application.
Once you have created your MyPennState account, make sure to remember your user ID and password. You will need this information each time you log into your application to complete additional sections, check the status of your application and to communicate with the Undergraduate Admissions Office. The link below will take you to the online application.
Step 3: Submit credentials
Several key components comprise a complete application. When you apply to Penn State, you will need to send us the following:
- Official copy of your high school transcript or a copy of your General Education Diplomat (GED), if applicable
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- List of course work, in progress or planned, prior to enrollment at Penn State
- Catalog descriptions of all course work completed and scheduled
All information should be sent to:
Undergraduate Admissions Office
The Pennsylvania State University
201 Shields Building, Box 3000
University Park, PA 16804-3000