- If you wish to earn credit for your internship, ensure that you have completed prerequisite courses and that you meet the minimum GPA requirement. Check with the Internship Coordinator for your major.
- Register for an Internship Prep course:
BA 420 for Business majors (1 credit)
HD FS 490 for HD FS majors (2 credits)
CN ED 280 for all other majors (1 credit)
- Strengthen your online image. Employers conduct web searches, so perform a google search on yourself and set up a google alert on your name: google.com/alert.
- Use LinkedIn to enhance your online image. Build a professional profile on LinkedIn.com - watch an instructional video or sign up for a live webinar: premium.linkedin.com.
- If you have concerns about a disability, utilize resources on campus and online (Student Disability Resources, Career Services, askjan.org).
- Be aware that many employers will require drug testing. Be prepared to follow through on the same day request or you may forfeit your chances of getting hired. Consult your physician to become knowledgeable about whether any prescribed medications might reflect negatively on you.
- Be aware that many internship sites require a background check. Many will require you to pay for associated fees. Background check results may be used to make decisions related to internship offers.
- Career Coaches are available to support you in your preparation and search for an internship. Plan to meet with a coach for a minimum of 3 half-hour sessions if you have not enrolled in an Internship Prep course. Call or stop by to schedule an appointment in Career Services, 104 Main / 610-892-1390.