New Opportunities, New Stories
Penn State Brandywine Strategic Plan for 2020 to 2025
PENN STATE BRANDYWINE MISSION STATEMENT
Penn State Brandywine provides an undergraduate education among the arts, sciences, and professional fields to a highly diverse student population from Greater Philadelphia and beyond.
Penn State Brandywine offers a challenging and rewarding college experience, combining a small-campus environment with the extensive resources of a world-class public research university. Penn State Brandywine empowers students to fulfill their potential and prepares them for meaningful careers and lives as engaged citizens.
Penn State Brandywine’s established and emerging partnerships through business and industry, community and civic, and K12- and higher education organizations positively impact the region. As a Commonwealth campus of The Pennsylvania State University, Penn State Brandywine pursues our land-grant mission of excellence in teaching, research, and outreach.
PENN STATE BRANDYWINE VISION STATEMENT
Penn State Brandywine will be a leader in student success, known for educating students to become valued professionals, leaders, creators, alumni, and citizens.
PENN STATE VALUES
- Integrity - We act with integrity in accordance with the highest academic, professional, and ethical standards.
- Respect - We respect and honor the dignity of each person, embrace civil discourse, and foster a diverse, inclusive, and safe community.
- Responsibility - We act responsibly and hold ourselves accountable for our decisions, actions, and their consequences.
- Discovery - Through advanced research and scholarship, we seek and create new knowledge and understanding, and foster creativity and innovation, for society's benefit.
- Excellence - We strive for excellence in all of our endeavors as individuals, an institution, and a leader in higher education and research.
- Community - We work together for the betterment of our University, the communities we serve, and the world.
PENN STATE BRANDYWINE VALUES
- Connection – We cultivate meaningful relationships between members of our community that create a sense of belonging, shared identity, and wellbeing.
- Equity – We act to increase access and full participation of historically and currently marginalized groups, and to eliminate disparities in student success and professional fulfillment.
- Sustainability – We strive to be good stewards of our economy, our people, and our environment to promote healthy, resilient, and inclusive communities.
GOAL 1: GROW OUR STUDENT POPULATION
Grow our student population through stronger student retention and increased enrollment
GOAL 2: FOSTER AN EQUITABLE ENVIRONMENT
Create an equitable and inclusive environment for Penn State Brandywine’s diverse campus community to support and sustain the holistic development and well-being of our people
GOAL 3: INCREASE OUR VISIBILITY
Build Penn State Brandywine brand awareness, name recognition, and reputation in the minds of stakeholders, locally and globally
More information about Penn State Brandywine’s Strategic Plan is available to download as a printable PDF.