Penn State Brandywine welcomes new administrative assistant for academic affairs

MEDIA, Pa. — Anjanette "AJ" Downey recently became the new administrative assistant for academic affairs at Penn State Brandywine. In addition to years of experience in the education sector, Downey is a Penn State alumna who graduated from the Brandywine campus.

“I earned my undergraduate degree in English from Brandywine,” Downey said. “There were maybe 10 students in my graduating class. The campus was much smaller back then.”

After graduating from Penn State, Downey gained experience in both corporate and educational work. After a few years at Icon Office Equipment in Great Valley, she accepted a position in employment services at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business.

Most recently, Downey filled several different roles at the Springfield School District, including secretary of student conduct at Springfield High School.

Downey looks forward to reengaging with the Brandywine community — this time as a staff member and working professional.

“I love the community,” she said. “The students, faculty and staff here are close knit and personable. There’s a great, dependable culture here, and even now as an adult and a working professional, I sense that culture when I step on campus.” 

Contact