UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Teaching and Learning with Technology (TLT) has introduced the inaugural Teaching and Learning Technologies Faculty Advisory Committee for the 2023-24 academic year. The committee will play a pivotal role in guiding TLT and University IT in integrating technology into teaching and learning practices at Penn State.
Angie Dick, manager of TLT Learning Design, said the advisory committee is poised to make significant strides in the promotion of technology-enhanced instructional practices across the University.
“The Teaching and Learning Technologies Faculty Advisory Committee is committed to pioneering technology-enhanced instruction, fostering collaboration and ensuring Penn State remains at the forefront of innovative pedagogical practices," said Dick. “We believe that faculty and student input is invaluable in shaping the future of teaching and learning technologies that foster innovation, which speaks directly to our mission in TLT.”
The advisory committee is comprised of distinguished faculty members who are passionate about incorporating technology into their teaching practices as well as advocating for innovative educational approaches. Inaugural members are:
- Agnes Kim – associate professor of physics, Penn State Scranton
- Dawn Pfeifer Reitz – assistant teaching professor in communication arts and sciences, Penn State Berks
- Emily Rimland – interim head of Library Learning Services, Penn State University Libraries, and online learning librarian, Penn State World Campus
- Joe Bueter – associate teaching professor of English, University Park
- Laura Guertin – distinguished professor of Earth sciences, Penn State Brandywine
- Larry Musolino – assistant teaching professor of mathematics, Penn State Lehigh Valley
- Mary Ann Smith – lecturer in biology, Penn State Schuylkill
- Noel Habashy – assistant teaching professor of agricultural sciences, University Park
- Stuart Selber – professor of English, University Park
- Tiffany Petricini – assistant teaching professor of communications, Penn State Shenango
- John Haubrick – assistant teaching professor of statistics, University Park
- Ryan Solnosky – associate teaching professor of architectural engineering, University Park
Several members of the 2023 advisory committee opted to serve for one year so there will be only partial membership turnover each year. All future members will serve for two years.