Access this system to create webcam recorded mock interviews. Students and alumni can conduct practice interviews in the privacy of their own space and then optionally share with peers or a career coach in Career Services to help critique their skills. This is an extremely valuable tool for becoming aware of body language and filler sounds (um, like, you know). Use this resource to raise self-awareness and improve your image and others' perceptions of you. All recorded interviews remain private unless shared. Contact Career Services if you need to borrow a webcam (135 Commons, 610-892-1390).
Explore this subscription resource free to Penn State students containing guides such as:
- Vault Guide to the Case Interview
- Vault Guide to Finance Interviews
Students must create an account using their Penn State email address in order to be able to download guides.
Here are 4 reasons why you should negotiate after an offer has been made and before you accept:
1. Your current salary will be the basis for your next performance review, promotion or job.
2. Negotiating your salary will allow you to earn more now and in the long run.
3. Negotiating helps to close the pay gap (for women, underrepresented, etc.)
4. Negotiating shows an employer that you know your worth, and when done right, earns respect.
Learn how to negotiate your salary after an offer has been made.
Watch the videos below to learn what advice executives offer to students: