Fast track your future and earn college credits while attending high school
Apply by June 14 for Summer II
If you are a rising high school senior, Penn State Brandywine’s Dual Credit Program can help you get a head start on college and your career. Through our Dual Credit Program, you will experience a college class, access resources available only to Penn Staters and earn college credit from Penn State.
- Credits earned can be applied to a Penn State degree and are part of one transcript recognized at all Penn State campuses. Dual credits may also be transferred to another college or university.
- Students who will have completed their junior year of high school are eligible for dual credit. *Exceptions for high school students who will be entering their junior year are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Dual credit students may take up to 3 credits (1 course) per semester. *Although it is recommended that a student only take 3 credits (1 course) during the Summer II session, if a student would like to take up to 6 credits (2 courses), students are welcome to do so.
- Dual credit courses are taught by faculty approved to teach high school students.
|Title||Subject||Class Number||Section||Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Delivery||Credit|
|Plants, Places, and People||SC 120N||7622||666||June 28||August 11||TR||10:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m.||In-person||3.00|
|Climate Change: Biological Impacts||BIOL 144Z||8684||666||June 28||August 11||NA||Asynchronous||Web||3.00|
|Climate Change: Individual Behaviors and Group Attitudes||PSYCH 144Z||1305||666||June 28||August 11||NA||Asynchronous||Web||3.00|
How to Apply
Click here to review how to apply. If you have questions please contact Pamela Coghlan (Brandywine Admissions) at [email protected]
Please be aware of the following application deadlines:
Apply by June 14
Classes begin June 28
A typical 3 credit course with fees (not including textbooks) is approximately $972.50 (explained below). Students are responsible for the entire cost of the Dual Credit course(s) and are not eligible for student aid.
- Cost per credit (courses are typically 3 credits) as a Dual Credit student is approximately $302.50 (by comparison, Penn State students pay $605.00 a credit).
- Students are also required to pay a $65.00 activity fee, information technology fee, and student facilities fee, as well as purchase textbooks.
Contact Pamela Coghlan (Brandywine Admissions) at [email protected]