Start Your STEM Career at Penn State
Penn State Brandywine’s STEM Inc. Transfer Transition Program is designed specifically for community college students who are currently working toward their associate degree (between their first and second year) and who want to pursue a STEM degree at Penn State.
This program includes an in-depth exploration of STEM majors, careers and academic expectations, combined with hands-on experiential opportunities in the community. Our program fosters a seamless transition from the community college setting to a four-year STEM program at Penn State. Students who decide to apply for admission to Penn State will receive scholarship money, as well as mentoring and support. In this program students will:
- Participate in a series of workshops to strengthen their math and meta-cognition skills and prepare them for college life at Penn State.
- Build their resume early with guaranteed on-campus work-study experience.
- Receive a scholarship of $250 per credit for up to 6 credits. Up to 6 credits to be used in the summer or fall following the completion of their associate degree.
- Participate in a New Student Orientation experience prior to the start of the program.
- Engage in collaborative, project-based learning using campus labs and other resources.
- Receive experiential learning opportunities including site visits to local STEM companies and Penn State Great Valley labs.
- Have the opportunity to build relationships with key faculty and staff at Penn State.
- Receive invitations to future STEM events and programs at Penn State.
Registration is currently closed. Check back for updates!
The STEM Inc. program is offered at Penn State Brandywine, Abington, Greater Allegheny and Lehigh Valley.