What is Pathway to Success?
Pathway to Success Summer Start (PaSSS) is a summer program designed to help incoming freshmen students transition from high school to college and to successfully start their Penn State academic career.
PaSSS programming runs for 6 weeks during the summer prior to students first fall semester. PaSSS is only offered to select first-year students.
- Get ahead in your Penn State degree, taking two 3-credit courses during the summer
- Participate in co-curricular activities, including tutoring to help prepare you for your first English and mathematics courses, and sessions to learn about University resources
- Connect with other new students, forging new friendships
- Become acquainted with campus and university resources
- Get paired with a faculty and peer mentor, who will help you with the transition to Penn State
How does it work?
Students who are invited to the program can sign up on a first come first served basis until the program is filled. PaSSS students will register for and attend their New Student Orientation (NSO) prior to starting the PaSSS program. After completing their summer courses, students will begin again in the fall semester with the rest of their peers.
What is the expected time commitment?
Students will engage in PaSSS courses and co-curricular content during the second summer session which runs from Wednesday, June 30 through Friday, August 13.
For more information, contact:
Admissions Counselor-PaSSS Coordinator