Penn State Brandywine offers a way to complete your Business degree at a top-ranked institution. It is now possible to earn your bachelor's degree in Business in an accelerated format at three different Penn State locations; Brandywine, Berks, and York. This accelerated degree completion program is designed for adult learners who have obtained previous college credits. Seven-week accelerated classes for the Business degree are offered through high-tech classrooms, equipped with the latest real-time interactive video conferencing technology.
Ready to talk to an admissions counselor? Request More Information now.
The Bachelor of Science in Business (BSB) program differs from many traditional business degree programs in that it is based on a systems thinking approach. The program coursework prepares you not as a specialist in one functional area of business, but prepares you to be a highly qualified business professional equipped with multidimensional skillset. The curriculum focuses on management and marketing topics while emphasizing leadership, ethics, and strategic thinking across all program courses. The Business degree equally stresses interpersonal communication skills and technical communications skills required for success in today’s fast-paced business environment.
This program is ideal for the person who wants to earn a top ranked business degree from an internationally recognized university. Access to Penn State’s Nittany Lion Career Network and Alumni Association networking opportunities add a high value and worth to your B.S. in Business Degree.
Features of the B.S. in Business Degree:
- Accelerated degree completion program, with two new business courses starting every seven weeks. This course schedule allows the adult learner to complete a full-time load of classes while juggling work and family obligations.
- A new cohort of students begins the program each year, offering students a close-knit community of likeminded professionals to foster a highly collaborative student-centered learning experience.
- Beginning in fall 2015, the accelerated Business classes will be offered on Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings for the entire twenty-month program.
- Students who need to complete their general education requirements can do so with either face-to-face or online classes.
- The hybrid learning delivery format pairs face-to-face course meetings with online assignments and discussion board for optimal convenience and to complete necessary instruction.
- Business degree courses are offered at modern, state-of-the-art videoconferencing classroom facilities at Penn State Brandywine in Media and Penn State Great Valley in Malvern.
The ideal candidate for the accelerated program in possess has completed at least 45 college credits or an associate's degree, with a minimum transfer GPA requirement of 2.5 (students with 2.00-2.49 GPA will be eligible for review). Pre-requisite courses, equivalent to Penn State courses, preferred prior to entry into program include micro or macro economics, completion of the English composition/writing requirement, preferably with the second course in business writing, college algebra, and statistics. To be accepted into the B.S. in Business major at Penn State, a student must complete a college-level algebra II and trigonometry class. All students need to complete a minimum of 120 credit hours for bachelor’s degree and must fulfill general education requirements. Details about Penn State’s online application can be found at http://admissions.psu.edu/.
Fill out our contact form to learn more: Request Information.
To schedule a time to discuss the program, please contact Dr. Margaret Bacheler, Director of Continuing Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-892-1306.