Attend an Information Session to Learn More about the Saturday BSB Program.
Penn State Brandywine offers a way to earn your bachelor's degree in Business. Seven-week accelerated Saturday classes are offered through high-tech classrooms, equipped with the latest real-time interactive video conferencing technology. The Bachelor of Science in Business (BSB) program differs from many traditional programs in that it is based on a "systems thinking" and study approach that prepares you not as a specialist in one functional area of business, but as a work force participant equipped with multi-faceted skills applicable to any number of business areas and situations. The curriculum focuses on management and marketing emphasizing leadership, ethics, and strategic thinking across all classes. Our program stresses interpersonal and technical communications skills, collaborative student-centered learning, and a high degree of faculty-student interaction.
One track of the program, the MBA-bound student track, prepares the student in all business functions, especially accounting, finance, management, marketing, and supply chain, and enables them to pursue an MBA degree from Penn State Great Valley. Students in the MBA-bound track must have one year work experience, which can include paid or unpaid internships. Also, GMAT scores may be waived for students who have achieved a 3.0 Jr./Sr. GPA and earned “B” or better in courses that are exempt for core courses. The student must also provide a reference from a faculty member attesting to the student’s ability to perform at the graduate level.
This program is ideal for the person who wants a business degree from an internationally recognized university without taking time off work during the week.
It is designed for working adults ...
- who have partial four-year degree completion or associate degrees.
- who may have degrees in other fields and would benefit from a business degree.
- who may work for a company with education reimbursement.
- who will benefit and be more promotable with a bachelor's degree in business.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Accelerated 20 month program, two business courses every 7 weeks, meeting every Saturday.
- All 60+ credits in business offered on Saturday.
- Delivered in a highly interactive manner, allowing adult learners to bring real world experiences to the classroom.
- The Saturday face-to-face course meetings are paired with online instruction for optimal convenience and to complete necessary instruction.
- Each year a student cohort is admitted to the program.
- Modern, state-of-the-art classroom facilities at Penn State Great Valley.
- Financial aid available.
- Faculty are academically and professionally qualified.
- Faculty adviser for each student.
- Convenient Malvern, PA location.
- Accelerated Business degree completion in under two years.
- Convenient Saturday class schedule avoids work conflict.
- Study groups enable students to prepare for projects and exams as a team.
- Employer based reimbursement programs may result in reimbursed tuition for many students.
- Results in a Bachelor of Science in Business degree from an internationally recognized university.
An associate's degree (or courses completed towards) with a minimum GPA requirement of 2.5 (students with 2.00-2.49 GPA will be eligible for review). Pre-requisite courses, equivalent to Penn State courses, preferred prior to entry into program include micro or macro economics, completion of the English composition/writing requirement, preferably with the second course in Business Writing, college algebra, and statistics. All students need to complete a minimum of 120 credit hours for bachelor’s degree and must fulfill general education requirements.
For more information, contact Margaret Bacheler at 610-892-1306 or Penn State Brandywine Admissions at 610-892-1200.