Preparing for the Praxis Exam
Whether you are preparing for the Praxis for the first time or if you are planning on taking it again, Penn State Brandywine’s Summer Bridge Program’s Praxis Exam Prep Program is for you.
Penn State Brandywine’s Summer Bridge Programs offer individualized, flexible tutoring sessions that allow the student to come and go as their busy summer schedule allows. There is a nominal fee for this program. Click here to register.
What the Program Includes:
- Familiarize yourself with the different types of questions that appear on the reading and writing part of the exam.
- Prepare for the essay as you practice writing quality essays in the amount of time allotted on the Praxis.
- Work on how to outline and organize your thoughts for an effective written essay response.
- Learn to identify high-frequency grammar and punctuation errors.
- Learn useful test-taking strategies.
- Fine tune your math skills to prepare you for questions in the areas of number operations, negative number, exponents, square roots, order of operations, decimal, fractions, percentages, algebra, geometry, data analysis, graphs, probability, and measurements.
- Work on computation accuracy as no calculators are allowed for the Praxis.
Flexible, Individualized Tutoring Sessions:
June 25 to August 10 (closed July 4)
- Monday and Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Fridays, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
This is not a course and there is a nominal fee associated with Math Boot Camp.
Location: Main Floor Vairo Library in the STEM Lab
Janeen Madison, STEM Lab Coordinator at 610-892-1422
Christine Brown, Brandywine Learning Coordinator at 610-892-1463